Wednesday, July 12, 2006

62-year-old woman gives birth to baby boy . . .

I love my kids and am very glad I had them , but if I found out I was pregnant now at age 51 I would want to shoot myself! Seriously though, is it really fair to bring a child into the world when you are getting towards the end of your own life? I guess if you didn't have children and wanted to leave part of yourself behind, that might justify it, however, this woman the cartoon is referring to already has three children, aged 26, 22 and 18 AND she got pregnant using a donor egg and fertility drugs since she had already gone through menopause. It took FIVE ATTEMPTS for before a successful implantation. I wonder what drives some women to choose to have another child so late in life, especially when they have grown children already? It's like giving birth to your own grandchildren!

No comments: