Friday, March 13, 2009

Culinary Iconography - Jesus on a French fry

Here's another one for my ever-growing collection of culinary icongraphy (see link in sidebar to all of them I have found so far.) This one was found by an 88-year-old woman in Sacramento. While I can see a cross in this, she claims she sees Jesus in there, too. People see what they want to see.Here is the link to LiveLeak video...listen to the dude in the background saying " that is very cool." She has a special pretty little embroiderd cloth to keep it in and everything.

She admits to being influence by other people seeing images in stuff, and when we look hard enough, we can all see familiar images in other objects, and she saw what she wanted to see.

To me, it just looks like two old stuck-together pieces of fried potatos.

1 comment:

John said...

"To me, it just looks like two old stuck-together pieces of fried potatos."

Yep that's what it looks like to me too. Good insight on how people see what they want to see sometimes.

It reminds me of a time when I was sitting in a healing service in one of those crazy churches and one of the ministers was praying for a ladies leg to grow even with the other one. As he was praying he started shouting "Look it's growing do you see it." The lady just started laughing and we got up and left. I never went back there again.