Wednesday, October 01, 2008

The fine art of the "nonanswer"

And those embarrassing gaffes!
What will tomorrow night's debate be like between Gov. Sarah Palin and Sen. Joe Biden? Andrew Halcro knows what it is like to debate Palin:

I should know. I've debated Governor Palin more than two dozen times. And she's a master, not of facts, figures, or insightful policy recommendations, but at the fine art of the nonanswer, the glittering generality. Against such charms there is little Senator Biden, or anyone, can do.

On paper, of course, the debate appears to be a mismatch.

I don't know about that. Biden has had his own share of gaffes lately. Also, the general public is so easily baffled and distracted with bullshit it's not even funny.

LINK TO FULL ARTICLE

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL - at first I was looking forward to watching this debate between Biden and Scary Palin. Now I'm not so sure.

Most likely I'll watch some of it just to see if Biden will mop the floor with her, or make some stunningly stupid remarks like he sometimes does. Although, frankly, compared to the numbnuts we have now, Biden is an orator!

Stardust said...

Greg, it's like all of this campaign has been nothing but circus sideshows, or an ongoing reality television series. No real substance, just a lot of pretty talk, some gaffes, idiocy, and bizarre issues that don't fit in anywhere. We have to choose between the least freaky. That's what it comes down to.

I am hoping that Biden will call the hockey-mom out when she starts to sweetly tapdance around the questions.

Anonymous said...

I heard before the debate that Biden was told not to attack the supposed "soccer mom" too much, and I dreaded the outcome. Watched part of the debate and couldn't help but notice that Biden was almost boring because of it.

Still, I also couldn't help but note that Pain (or Palin if ya want) skirted around the issues just like she always does. Biden showed he had a hell of a lot more experience in foreign affairs than Pain.

I actually watched the commentators afterwords (for a change) and they said that, mostly, the debate probably didn't change anyone's mind about both of the candidates. For once, I gotta agree with them.