Sunday, February 25, 2007

Stupid media, stupid newsertainment junkies

No, I am not endorsing Hillary . . . yet. It’s too early to settle on any candidate. I posted this because I think television media is not real news, it’s “newsertainment” in the same category as Jerry Springer, Real World and all of the trashy “reality” programs on television today that focus on the negatives of our society or provide a warped view of the truth that many people take for actual fact. This type of news and programming would not be successful if the majority of viewers weren’t interested in sleazy, hateful, dramatic, raunchy…well…I could go on and on with my list of adjectives for this kind of television “entertainment”. Whatever happened to programs like Ed Sullivan Show and Hollywood Palace that I used to watch together with my family? Is this negative reality stuff and newsertainment what the majority of people in the western world really want?

2 comments:

vjack said...

I agree. It is sad that we've been hearing as much if not more about Anna Nicole as about Iraq.

concerned citizen said...

I'm with you. I despise so much of television. I've had e-mail w/aol for a long time but I'm changing it because I have to look at their stupid Anna Nichole like head-lines to get in my mail. I know there is much more important news out there then dead starlets...