Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Question for my christian lurkers ~

While attending various churches over the years of varying denominations, I had heard the SAME message over and over again for more than THREE DECADES. "YOU ARE SO BAD, YOU ARE SO VERY, VERY BAD.." I had always wondered what I did that was so bad that would make a guy have to be nailed up on a cross by his FATHER for me! No wonder there is so much depression, low self esteem and self-hatred AND hatred for others in the world!

So, what DID you do that was so wrong that a god would have to create a son for himself, torture that son and kill him in a slow agonizing way to "redeem" you? WTF! Can't you see how absurd that is? GOOD people are brainwashed into believing they are BAD and that idea is simply NOT TRUE. It is called mental abuse in the world of psychology. Yet millions and millions of people subject themselves to this abuse on a weekly basis, or more often.

I love my children. I want them to always love me. But if they don't, I am not going to torture and kill them because they don't. I love them more than MYSELF. I will protect them at all costs. And that is only one of the reasons christianity is absurd to me. That a god would hate his "creations" enough to kill them just because they won't worship and praise him is absurd to me. That is not how things are in nature and REALITY. It is natural to nurture and care for your children, not threaten, torture and kill simply because they are not "adoring" you or may move to another place and not "keep in touch."

I want to ask you to think about something else. If this god exists, and is so eternally "powerful and divine", and the message so
crucial to his creations' welfare, why does this awesome and powerful god use simple and flawed humans to go around "advertising" for him??? These are the very same creatures for whom this great god had to create a son to sacrifice in bloody and torturous death because his creations were so very flawed and bad. AND even this horrendous act doesn't even convince many people! In fact, many find even the thought of such a thing repulsive, including myself.

In addition, none of these "messengers of god" give people the same message...it is only their "understanding" of the message that was written by other flawed humans in some ancient text.There are many, many variations of this "very important" message.


These "messengers for god" can't even get the message straight amongst themselves! There are how many christian denominations? And there is even disagreement inside each denomination! Why doesn't this supposed god "clarify" if the message he wants to be told is a life or death matter? If it is such an important and true message, why play games? Why give us a book of riddles that one could never figure out in a lifetime if the answer to the riddle was so damn important? BECAUSE IT IS ALL MYTHOLOGY.

It's all so ridiculous sounding when you look at it as an outsider. There are how many religions in the world? And they all believe they are the correct religion and the others are wrong. This is where fighting and killing comes in when one side will not be influenced to convert to the other.


This religion debate it looking more and more absurd to me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent post!! Of course, I agree...
I'm starting to become convinced that the planet earth is a reality show for the aliens (did you see that south park?). Life is just too bazaar.

Stardust said...

Yes, I saw that one...South Park gives me hope that there are lots more reasonable people in the world than we realize. The popularity of the show is a big indicator that there are lots of people who think religion is absurd.

Dee said...

Sorry, Stardust and Cassandra, that I wasn't able to help out with the ever-so-delightful JimJordan. I've had a rough couple of days. Just found out (right after the post about Effexor) that I had been pregnant and had a misscarriage. It's not been a fun few days.

Stardust said...

I am so sorry Deedee! My thoughts are with you.

Anonymous said...

Oh Deedee, I'm so sorry. Hang in there...