Sunday, December 17, 2006

I'm not surprised . . .

This e-coli thing and Taco Bell really doesn't surprise me because the few I have been in, and especially the one in my town have been filthy-looking every time I have been there (which isn't often). Every time I have been to a Taco Bell with someone who wanted to go to lunch there, I have been disgusted by rotting food scraps all over the counters and floors in the food preparation area. And the last time I ate at Taco Bell I was forced to live in my bathroom for a day and a half afterwards.

I don't know how they stay in business. The food they pass off as Mexican isn't even authentic Mexican food and like the cartoon says, it tastes like shit.

4 comments:

beepbeepitsme said...

Capitalism gone rogue? Perhaps the quest for the maximum profit, knows no bound.

Tommykey said...

Well, as I've been telling people for the past week or so, there's a reason why the food is so cheap.

Personally, I haven't eaten Taco Bell since the 12th grade, about 20 years ago. I ate a burrito for lunch and it didn't sit well with me. Vowed never to touch it again.

jhbowden said...

"Capitalism gone rogue? Perhaps the quest for the maximum profit, knows no bound."

No, comrade, Taco Bell just has a shitty product that some people are willing to pay for. Nothing more, nothing less.

Stardust said...

Jason...Fast food places know no bounds at making money. I worked for a pizza chain when I was young called Barnaby's. I went into the fridge one day to get a hunk of roast beef to slice and it REEKED. I showed it to the owner and she was all upset because it was about $300 in sandwiches lost if we tossed it...so...she gave the roast beef a "bath" under the faucet and said to slice it and heat it up! I could not believe it.

For most places it's all about profit, and why we so often have tummy troubles after eating out somewhere.