Saturday, January 21, 2006

Irony

(Just want to clarify that I would not choose abortion for myself. Nature did that for me...I lost two babies. One at full term. I have had too many heartbreaks losing babies before I finally had my three healthy kids. However, It is not my place to try to tell another woman what to do with what is inside her uterus. It seems that some people who come on here, whom I have deleted have not an ounce of compassion for the already living. They are pro-gun, pro-war, pro-execution...and anti-abortion...they only believe in killing people who are already born.)

When I was at the gas station this morning, there was an SUV in front of me with a bumper sticker with a photo of an unborn baby in the womb -- the kind that is taken when pregnant women go for their routine ultrasound. The words beneath the image said "Mothers, here is your son." My first thought about it was "HOW INSENSITIVE!" Many women suffer from miscarriage (which is natural abortion, and many christians attribute it to "god's will" when it happens naturally). For these women, it is extremely disturbing to see an image of what they lost on the back of some insensitive person's automobile! I personally would not choose abortion, however, I do know for those who find no other options for their predicament, this choice can be psychologically damaging to a woman who has had to have an abortion for whatever reason. Most women who choose to have an abortion do so with much grief in their hearts. This is just another example of the insensivity and carelessness of many christians.

I usually just ignore pro-life bumper stickers. However, today, something sparked in me. I asked the man who was the owner of the vehicle as he was pumping gas, "So, How many unwanted babies have you adopted?"
He looked at me and said "Huh?"
I pointed to his bumper sticker again and asked, "So, how many unwanted babies have YOU adopted."
He replied, "It's none of your business."
Ironic, isn't it that he can make a woman's uterus his business?


No comments: