Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Your help is needed

As posted at PZ Myer's Pharyngula, Possummomma (aka, Atheist in a mini van) is not doing well right now, and is struggling with lupus. Her lupus affects her skin. She is relegated to one or two rooms in her home that have cardboard-covered windows. Her kids call it the batcave. If you go to her blog she has information about it there and an email if you have any questions for her.

Berlzebub is organizing donations to help her get UV protectorant for her windows so she can move through her house, so if you've got a little bit to spare, please do contribute to a member of our godless community.

I, too have Lupus (and RA) and I hope I never have to go through what Possummomma is having to deal with. My heart goes out to her.

4 comments:

Poodles said...

I hope she gets help...

Stardust said...

I'd like to know how she manages with having 4 kids all 12 and under to care for.

Poodles said...

I think she must be magic... :P
Sometimes I wish we could all live near each other so we could help through the crap.

Stardust said...

Poodles, magic is right!
She has such a good attitude,and I think that is very important.

Yes,I do wish we lived closer, but it's great help to have you to email. It helps just to have people who are going through similar things and who can listen and understand. People who are pretty healthy hate hearing about medical crap, and they seem bored when I start talking about it. I know it annoys them and I can feel that some think I am a whiner. I try not to whine and be obsessed with medical stuff, but when one is hurting every single stinkin day, that's all you can think about even though we try to distract ourselves with other things, the pain is still nagging there.