Friday, September 26, 2008

Ewww

I try to be open-minded about most things, but my mind slams shut on this new idea. Ya'll want ice cream made from the milk of nursing mamas? No thanks!

LINK: Mama's milk ice cream cone, anyone?


WATERBURY, Vt. - Mooove over, Holsteins. PETA wants world-famous Ben & Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream to tap nursing moms, rather than cows, for the milk used in its ice cream.

Supporters say that mama's milk ice cream would reduce the suffering of cows and calves and give
ice cream lovers a healthier product.

I have been to dairy farms and it doesn't appear that cows are suffering in any way when being milked. They just stand there and moo and munch grass. Their lives are cushy. They are given the best food and treated well so they keep producing. IMO this is just another gimmick to attempt to attract overly obsessive health nuts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honestly, Starry, when I heard that I thought that it was one of those Onion "news" stories!

Yikes!

Green-Eyed Momster said...

I wonder if the woman candidates would be tested for AIDS and other diseases!

WILD!! Just W.I.L.D!