Friday, February 16, 2007

Five favorite quotes meme


I was tagged by Krystalline Apostate to list five of my favorite quotes. It's going to be hard to narrow it down to five, but here goes. (They aren't in any certain order.) :

1. "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."
~Groucho Marx~


2. "A rocky vineyard does not need a prayer, but a pick ax." ~Navajo proverb~

3. "I might repeat to myself, slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound — if I can remember any of the damn things." ~Dorothy Parker~

4.“Everything cometh to he who waiteth, as long as he who waiteth worketh like hell while he waiteth!” ~ by fictional character Charlie Chan and is our family motto~

5. "I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." ~ Frederick Douglas~

I now tag tommy, The Merchant of Menace, Mikayla Starstuff, Danica and MichaelBains

5 comments:

Krystalline Apostate said...

Wow, that was quick. Very nice.
Groucho Marx said that? Intriguing.

Liam O'Cionnfhaolaidh said...

No sooner asked than done.

Michael Bains said...

Thanks for the tag, Stardust!

That Groucho sure was on the mark, eh. {-;

fin

Mikayla Starstuff said...

Done :)

Stardust said...

Thanks everyone for playing along! Thanks for tagging me, KA. It was a fun one.